Friday, November 14, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

One thing I love about being married is that you not only get to start your own family, you also become a part of your husband's family and get another set of brothers, sisters, parents, nieces, and nephews. I've been lucky to marry into a great family and I absolutely love all of my in-laws. Jonathan has two brothers who are married and have darling families, two sisters who are so kind and so much fun to hang out with and my fashion idols, and two wonderful and hilarious parents who have welcomed me into their family and loved me since the beginning. Besides the blessing of having these new people in my life, I also get to become a part of their lives. One of my favorite parts about having in-laws is that not only do you get to enjoy the traditions that you grew up, but now you get to be a part of all of their fun traditions and do things you wouldn't normally get to do! Jonathan's family has some good ones, like family camp-outs on the trampoline on the 24th of July, craft day for the girls while the boys go hunting, presents for the parents when a new baby is born (an awesome one! :) ), and one of my favorites, the yearly hike up the canyon to get Christmas trees! Jonathan's mom loves Christmas and really anticipates it so we got to go up the day after Halloween and pick out our tree for Christmas! And we got to listen to Christmas music! Easton loved it to and got packed all over the hill, but he could only last so long and eventually fell asleep in his carrier. We had such a blast! Thanks Dave and Kathy for a fun weekend and for letting me share in such a great tradition!

1 comment:

Chris and Brindy said...

That's a really cute picture of you guys. I like it. That looks and sounds like a lot of fun. Can't wait for Christmas.