Thursday, November 6, 2008

Fu Man-what?



For Halloween this year (those pictures are forthcoming) Jonathan was John Smith/Merriwether Lewis/a mountain man and decided to grow out a beard for it. He was so excited to have an excuse to prove his manhood. Well, the Sunday after Halloween he went into the bathroom to shave it off for church, and his beard became...
... a Fu Manchu! Wow what a stud! We both liked it so much he wore it to church. But with facial hair like this you can't just wear a common suit and tie, so Jonathan wore his grandpa's old cowboy suit, his elk belt buckle, and bolo (sp?) tie. Yep, he was definitely representing Coalville this week! He only intended on wearing it to church, but he's since become quite attached and today is Thursday and he is still sporting his facial ferret. What a goof!
He is a sweet little goof though. He called me last week and asked me on a date for last night. He took me to see "The Express" and then to get ice cream! What a sweet guy! I had a dream this week that I was married to someone else(a fictional man, not anyone I actually know) and I was telling everybody about him, but when they started asking me questions about him I realized I didn't even know him. Then I remembered Jonathan and I started freaking out and telling everyone that I had married the wrong person and now I was stuck! I remembered how funny he was and how good he treated me and how much fun we had and I was panicked thinking I wouldn't get to be with him forever. Well, I'm sure you can imagine my elation when I woke up next to my sweetheart and realized it was just a dream! I think every now and then we need a nice little reminder of just how much we do love and appreciate our companions and how lucky we are to have them. Just thought I would share that thought with you and let Jonathan know how much I love him! :)

2 comments:

Alex & Megan said...

Yeah our husbands are goofy. :) I finally made Alex shave it. I LOVE facial hair but his was getting so long that it I couldn't kiss him because it tickled. :)

Chelsey and Brandt said...

Ok WOW!!! Thats all I can say. I have never seen him with facial hair I didnt even think he could grow any. Way to go. You are officially a MAN! Ha Ha. Just Kidding. Hey did you happen to take a picture of him in grandpas suit, if you did you should definetely post it. I think you should keep the facial hair it looks good on you.