Monday, January 9, 2012

Wit's End...

is totally where I'm at right now. Today marks 10 weeks on bedrest, but that's not what's killing me. I could take 10 more weeks if I needed to, but it also marks 1 week of 10+ contractions every hour and I've about had it already. They've slowly been increasing each day and yesterday and today were 15+ every hour. I am literally about to rip my hair out. This morning I also was having lots more cramping, back pain, and pressure than normal and it kept up all morning so we were planning on going in to the hospital when the boys woke up from their naps, but by the time they did I was actually feeling a little better. They still hurt, but not as bad so now I'm still just here waiting in limbo for something to make me feel like I need to go in NOW. I really am glad it hasn't happened yet, he's gotten a few more days in than we thought he would, but I'm not sure how much more I can handle without losing my mind. I'm back up to taking medicine every other hour to try to control the intensity but I can tell it's not really working much anymore. The good part of that is the side effects have decreased since the pills aren't as effective, but that also means more and stronger contractions. I can't believe I thought I was having a lot of contractions back when I was having 8 an hour. Sheesh, it's amazing what a little perspective does for ya. Which is why I'm trying really really hard to think about the positive fact that he's staying in longer so it's better for him and will be easier to not have him in the nicu for as long, but boy it's tough. My poor boys, I've been such a grump lately.
Whew, now that I've got that off my chest, maybe I can write something positive. :)  A nurse came over to do an assessment on me today and she said what every other nurse and doctor has told me: "I really can't believe you're still pregnant."  Every time someone says that it just reminds me how grateful I should be, how blessed we really are. Good night I'm going to be 33 weeks on Thursday! That's amazing! And babies born at this age are even so much better off than babies born two weeks earlier, so that will make the weeks after he's born that much easier. Truly we are grateful, even if my complaining makes it seem otherwise. Apparently you guys are just too good at praying for him to stay in. :)
The boys are beyond excited. I think Easton asks me at least 5 times a day when the baby will come out. Last night he seemed to have a blonde moment and asked when our baby HAD come out. For some reason he thought he'd already come and was in the hospital :) Silly boy.
Also, if you ever get a chance, have a conversation with Caden. He's suddenly decided that, despite what he's been insisting on for the last few months, he is NOT a baby. He's now a big boy and gets upset when I tell him he's my baby. With his new attitude he's suddenly become more talkative and started into telling stories. I LOVE just sitting and chatting with him now to see what he'll say. Yesterday he told me a big long story about Kung Fu Panda falling and even included how he said, "No, no, noooooooo....." as he was falling. His stories can go on forever, I just keep asking him questions to see what else he'll say. :)
That's all for now. Maybe we'll be rushing over to the hospital tonight, maybe he'll hang on for a little longer. I'd like to know the record for how long this type of thing can go on before the body gives up, but I can't imagine it will be too much longer. I'll be sure to update if he does come!

5 comments:

Matt and Cori said...

So sorry Linsi. I really can't imagine how hard that has got to be. You are one tough, amazing mama! Some days I think I've had a rough day with Jackson, then I come and read your blog and am reminded that I have NOTHING to complain about. You are awesome, and as soon as you see that little baby it will definitely all be worth it! Can't wait to see the lil guy!! :)

Unknown said...

I don't know how you handle contractions like that, I don't handle them very well. You are a tough cookie. I hope everything goes well. Oh and I think you look cute pregnant- I don't see any sponge Bob square pants resemblance.

Unknown said...

Girl, you are my hero! You're so strong and have been handling SO much SO well, you're DEFINITELY entitled to MUCH MORE complaining!! I feel so bad for you, you're stay way more positive than I ever would in that type of situation. Hang in there, we'll keep praying for you, but now we'll include praying for your contractions to not be so painful. :) I'm so glad you've made it this far!

Tannie Datwyler said...

So, I can't say I know exactly how you feel. BUT I have an inkling. With Deirdre I was dilated to a 3 at 35 weeks. My doctor was sure I wouldn't even make it to 37, and was astounded that I was STILL pregnant at 39 weeks when she induced me (at which point I was at a 4 and 90% effaced). It was insane. I had contractions ALL the time and the number of false labors I went through was ridiculous. It was painful and more than that, it was emotionally draining. I can't imagine having it go on for as long as you!! I hope that you can have your baby soon and that he will be healthy as can be! I know he'll come when the time is right. In the meantime, just hang in there and feel the right to complain a bit!! :)

Anonymous said...

You are doing such an amaZing job staying positive and happy about your pregnancy! It's too common that in thr end all you hear is complaints! I am so glad you have come this far... Good luck with the rest of the way!

That is so funny about the house in st george! It is so beautiful there. My family was there for conference too but we had just had the babies so we didn't go. It would've been so fun to run into you guys!