Thursday, January 12, 2012

I may start whining more....

...because apparently it works! I went to bed Monday night so sick of everything and ready to be done and woke up Tuesday feeling much better. Like, I've only been having contractions about every 10 minutes and they don't even hurt that bad! Yahoo! I feel so much better. Maybe the Lord decided I'd had all I could for now :)  Whatever the reason, I am sooo grateful. And even more grateful that today marks 33 weeks! I think what may have calmed things down is that before I was taking procardia every 4 hours and terbutaline as needed when I had painful contractions in between doses. Well, the more often you take terbutaline, the faster your body gets used to it and it loses effectiveness, so I was taking it as little as possible, only a few times a day, to try to make the effects last longer. On Sunday night after being in so much pain all the time I decided to just start taking it every 4 hours like I did at the hospital, and I think that around Monday night I finally got enough in my system that it calmed things down. So the downfall is it isn't going to work as long, but I'm afraid to stop taking it every 4 hours in case things get crazy again. I'm going to talk to my doctor tomorrow though, so we'll see what he thinks. But for now, things are feeling much better! I still don't have much holding him in so it could still happen any time, but at least my uterus isn't trying so hard to push him out anymore. I'm so relieved! Thank you everyone for your sweet words! And thank you to those who've shared your stories with me. I love hearing about other people's babies and how they did. In fact I look up stories online and see how babies fared at whatever weeks I'm at, and I've found a few 33 weekers who were only in the NICU for less than 2 weeks! We've decided anything less than a month is going to be awesome, but it's so cool to think we could be 2 weeks or less. Well, it is 4:30 am and I think I can finally go back to sleep, so just so everyone knows, things are pretty nice over here :)

5 comments:

Jacque said...

I took terbutaline with Stella. I was in labor for 3 weeks! I was having contractions, but her due datewasn' until the 19th of December and I started on the meds at about 3 weeks prior. I had her on the 21st (her original due date was the 24th) and when I had my c-section, they said she was 9 lbs 1 oz, so we got to thinking my due date was off by a month! Haha poor girl! She ran out of womb! (no pun intended...ok, maybe) I am so glad you are 33 weeks! Keep up the whinin...if it works... :) More prayers being sent your way!

Tannie Datwyler said...

I'm so glad you aren't in as much pain!! That makes a huge difference. I am also amazed that you are at 33 weeks, HOORAY and that is super wonderful.

Chris and Brindy said...

I just read your post about you having two uteruses. It makes sense now! I have an aunt that had that same problem. Coincidentally, she had three boys, all of which were premature, but they are all healthy and huge and strong now! So glad you are doing well. Hang in there. Hearing you constantly beg that your baby stay in utero longer makes me feel so bad for complaining and constantly saying how much I want my baby to come out already! :)

Amber Penrod said...

This is GREAT!! I love reading your posts and your attitude about all of this. Keep hanging in there!

Amber Penrod said...

Realize my last comment may not have made sense...I love your great attitude about this-its inspiring and helpful to me :)