Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Freedom!

Tomorrow is my last day. After that, I'm free! No more bedrest! No more waking up every two hours all night to take medicine! Wahoo! Yesterday marked 13 weeks of bedrest and Thursday I will be 36 weeks (so exactly 1/3 of my pregnancy, ha!) and I am in heaven thinking about it! We're debating if I should wait till after Jonathan's class that afternoon to stop the meds and start moving, but we're pretty anxious to meet this little man so we may just Wednesday night and hope he comes Thursday morning :)  But we'll see. Who knows, maybe he'll stay in another week or so, which is fine, but I'll be surprised. Besides stronger and more frequent contractions, there are other changes that have happened that indicate it's really close. In fact, today I had them about every 7-9 minutes all day and they were hurting more so I was wondering if we would make it 2 more days, but so far he's still in! I was wondering what they would do to stop my labor if I went in and then I realized that they wouldn't! He could come! Such a weird thought after trying to keep him in so long. We're not the only ones excited...
The first thing Easton says each morning when he wakes up is "Mom! Only 4 more days!" or 3 or 2 like it was today :) Then he hugs and kisses my stomach and tells the baby how much he loves him and is excited for him to come out. He's convinced he's going to come on Thursday so we'll see if he's right! The first thing Caden says every morning is "I want Life." :)  He doesn't really get it yet, but he has a serious love for babies so hopefully he'll be just as excited as Easton when we bring the little man home. This is possibly the last post before he comes, I'll update as soon as I can :)  Thanks again so much for all the prayers, they worked!
PS- I know I said I wanted to wait till after Jonathan's game Thursday night, but... I can't wait :)  Maybe I'll still be able to go, we'll just wait and see!

3 comments:

Tannie Datwyler said...

Oh Linsi! This is the most amazing thing. I can't believe that you will be 36 weeks - what a blessing.

Nicole said...

yea!!!!! This lil babe has been such a miracle! GOOD LUCK! I'm super excited for you :) Easton is the cutest big brother ever!

Unknown said...

I hope everything goes well! And we would love to see in March, it would be so fun, we miss you guys.