Saturday, December 10, 2011

The Boys Are Back in Town!

Well.... almost anyway :)  My mom and my cousin Morgan were coming down to see my grandma in the hospital in Panguitch so they brought the boys down and met Jonathan in Cedar City and now they're about an hour and a half away!!! Yay I'm so excited! I've been wondering the whole time if they were even going to want to come home because they've been having such a ball up there so I decided I needed to start preparing them a few days early, so on Thursday I asked Easton if he wanted to come home and (much to my happiness) he got all excited and started jumping up and down squealing. Phew, I guess he does love us after all! Unfortunately, I probably should have waited a day, because then by Friday he was done and for the first time since he's been gone, he cried for us and wanted to go home. I'm sure this was aggravated by the fact that he wouldn't take a nap that day. Anyway, Jonathan picked them up and said they were so excited and happy and kept asking him to bring them to the hospital to see me :)
I was really hoping they would be able to come get me and take me home, but when the perinatologist who is on call for my doctor came in this morning she said she wants me to stay a little bit longer. The baby's heart rate is doing much better and he rarely drops it now, even during strong contractions, so he must have changed position or moved off his cord or something. But I've been having a few episodes of 10-15 contractions an hour the last few days so they want to make sure things aren't getting worse before they let me go. So far I've been able to manage them okay with the medicines, so if that continues to be the case through the weekend then I will be more comfortable going home knowing I can manage them myself, especially since I'll be 29 weeks next week. I know it's still really early, but after six weeks of bedrest and wondering if I'm going to make it to the next week, I feel like I should be due already! It's so weird to think I still have 3 months left. My hope is that things stay stable, I make it to 36 weeks and they take me off bedrest, and then I can finally wear my cute maternity clothes and park in the expectant mothers parking spot at Babies R Us and take maternity pictures with the boys loving my big fat belly and waddle around the park and have complete strangers ask how far along I am and then groan when I tell them it's my 3rd boy and be a normal pregnant person for a few weeks till I get to take a chubby baby home from the hospital with me.  I can dream can't I? :)

No comments: