Thursday, December 8, 2011

Almost...

went home today, but decided to stay a few more days. Baby's heart rate is still dropping with contractions and my doctor came in this morning and said I could come home, but I'd have to go into his office to be monitored for a few hours every day, and when patients get to that point they generally put them in the hospital, so I might as well stay a few more days and see if he can't find a different position or something to get him off the umbilical cord so we don't have to worry about it.
They also did an ultrasound and my fluid has gone back up since stopping the indocine so that's good news! He's weighing in at 2 lbs 6 oz and looks to be doing really good! They also measured my cervix and it's gotten a little longer so that's great! My body is still trying to go into labor, so I have a lot of lower back pain and cramping with the contractions, but it's good to know it hasn't affected my cervix yet, that's great news! My doctor said again for me to not worry too much about the fact that I'm having contractions because there's nothing they can do to stop them, but just that I need to be concerned if they get too frequent or strong. The medicine seems to be suppressing them enough right now that I can go home and manage them okay at home, so hopefully this heart rate stuff resolves itself soon! Quit squishing your cord baby! :)
Other than that things are going good! Jonathan's last final is in 3 hours so that will be a relief to have done. The boys are coming back this weekend, hopefully I will be too :)   I'm nervous to leave the hospital, but I will be getting monitored in his office 2-3 times per week and I'll still do the home monitoring every day, so I should be able to be aware of when I need to go back to the hospital. I don't feel like I'm going crazy and dying to get out or anything, but if I don't need to be here then it would be nice to be at home, so we'll see how these next few days go!

1 comment:

Tannie Datwyler said...

That's crazy that you get to go home!! That's exciting! I know what you mean about being worried... though it's not exactly the same, I remember when we took Linus home from the NICU and he was still on oxygen and I was worried about him. I hope that baby stays in there even longer!! Good luck, I'll still be praying for you every night.