Friday, September 19, 2008

Mobility here we come!

For those of you who don't know... Easton can crawl! I don't have any pics of him yet, but I am just so excited for him so I thought I would post a little message and share my excitement! He did his breaststroke across the carpet forever, and then a few days before we came home he started doing the real thing! Now he crawls all over our apartment and when we went to my parents last weekend he took off up the stairs! When I say took off, I really mean it! First he zoomed up the short stairs (about 3 steps) and then went about halfway up the long staircase, which is about a dozen stairs! I can't believe it! I have a feeling he can do a lot more than I realize though. I peeked in his door one day to check on him during a nap and found that not only was he not asleep, he somehow pulled himself up in his playpen and was walking around in it holding on to the side! The funny thing is when I'm in the room he acts like he can't do anything, but when nobody is there to get him he just does everything himself! I'm so excited for him to have this newfound freedom, but I now understand why all moms told me that I should enjoy his non-crawling time. The other day while I was in the shower he crawled right over to the tub, pulled himself up, and tried to dive over the side and jump in with me! I put him back on the floor but he would just keep charging the tub! I think we're in for a lot more adventures! ?Easton is constantly crawling into every space and shelf that he can. I'll post some pictures as soon as I get some!

3 comments:

Evans Family said...

That is so great! It is so fun to see them grow and figure out things! Love ya, Diana

Chelsey and Brandt said...

Hey it was so fun to see you guys last sunday. Easton is one handsome boy. Yes your right when they start to crawl they get into everything but wait until he is walking then not only are they into everything but they are constantly getting ouchies from falling. Lots of kisses to get them all better is what you get to look forward to.

Tanya said...

Oh just you wait....ha ha ha! It is all down hill from here. JK! Mobility is so fun but it makes parenting a lot more work :) He is so cute! I hope Kade and Easton can get together one day and play!