Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Already?

Well, it happened! Yesterday I became the mom of a two-year-old! My friends kept telling me how weird it was when their kids turned two and I didn't really think it would be, but when it came down to it it was a little strange feeling! I can't believe we've had Easton for two years, but then it seems like he has always been with us. I can't explain how much I love him and love being around him! I know all you veteran mothers understand, but you new moms- if you think you love them now, just wait! It is the most wonderful thing in the world and I'm so grateful to have this opportunity! Two is so much fun and as much as I love little babies, I'm already excited for Caden to be two so I can get to know him and his personality better, too! Here is a little about Easton right now:

Favorite color: blue and yellow(he went through a two-week stage where he would not wear anything but yellow shirts! If we tried to put a different color on him he would cry until we brought out one of his two yellow shirts and then he would squeal with excitement "wewow!" So cute!)
Favorite number: 6
Favorite letters: E, O, P, T
Favorite foods: tomatoes, cheese, yogurt, milk, smoothies, cheerios, apples, bananas, blueberries, strawberries, grapes, chicken, pasta, black beans, nuts, clam chowder
Favorite movies: Cars, Up, Little Einsteins, Cricket on the Hearth, Clifford, Curious George, Berenstain Bears
Favorite Songs: I See the Moon, ABCs, Old McDonald, I Am A Child of God
Favorite Activities: Running, playing with any balls, reading, bubbles, playing with cars, doing laundry, playing with Caden, learning letters, visiting family
Easton is just full of surprises and loves to make us laugh. In fact, he will do things that hurt himself just to make us laugh. He is very very very loving and affectionate and I am constantly slobbered with kisses all day (and I LOVE it!). He still doesn't have the widest vocabulary but every day it seems like he's saying more and more. I'm so grateful to have him in our family and so excited to see what he is going to be like as he gets older!



2 comments:

Tashina said...

Two is seriously so much fun! I loved when Mason was two. But, I can't believe that Easton is two... It seems like it went so fast- maybe that's because I can't believe that Mason is 4, and he turned 2 just before Easton was born. Crazy!

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday to Easton!!! Wow, time flies! It's so fun to see the things you say about Easton and compare them to Carson, since they're only a couple weeks apart. I can't believe how fast these last 2 years have gone! Seems like only yesterday we were talking out in the hall of stake conference with both of our fussy babies. He's definitely a cutie. :)