Friday, October 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Jonathan!


Sooo... I'm late on everything else, why not be late on this, too! :) Jonathan's birthday was actually September 30, but I'm just getting around to posting so I'll include the birthday post I was planning on writing. I saw this on my cousin's blog and thought it was a cute idea! Since Jonathan is turning 25, here are 25 random facts about him!

1. He will eat anything! If anyone is considering throwing something away because it's gone bad, just give it to Jonathan. He will eat it, even if it is spoiled, just so it doesn't go to waste!
2. He looks good in a pair of Wranglers.
3. He gets up with Easton every morning and lets me sleep in...
4. ... what he does when he gets up with him is take him into the family room to watch SportsCenter. Easton now loves watching football and gets excited when Jonathan whistles the ESPN theme song.
5. His family calls him Jonathan, his coworkers call him JP, and his friends from Coalville call him Johnny, but he won't admit to that one.
6. He didn't have a cell phone till after his mission and he didn't have text messaging till we got engaged.
7. He makes the best scrambled eggs ever!
8. He looks for any opportunity to serve. I have never known anyone to jump out of their seat so fast in Sunday School if more chairs need to be set up. I think he signs every sheet that comes around and over the summer(even though he worked till dark every night and Sunday was his only day off) he went on splits with the missionaries every time they needed someone.
9. He is studying Business Management and planning to go to law school. He still doesn't know what type of law, but he has liked his business law and labor law classes.
10. He is the most fun person to cook for! It doesn't matter what I make, he goes on and on at every meal about how good it is and acts like it's the best thing he's ever had.
11. He has one of the hardest jobs ever: a door to door salesman every summer. He also has one of the best attitudes about it.
12. If I would let him, he would eat macaroni and cheese, top ramen sandwiches, quesadillas, and grilled cheese every meal. He does eat a turkey sandwich or two for lunch about 300 days out of the year.
13. His weakness is Oreos and milk.
14. He acts like a little boy when he gets in the swimming pool and hops like a jelly bean all over the place. Easton loves it.
15. He loves the Knicks, the Raiders, and the Yankees, but is a die-hard Cougar fan.
16. He always sleeps on the right side of the bed. And he snores.
17. When I was pregnant he gave me a foot massage every night for three months, and the best part was he offered to do it without me asking for it.
18. He served a mission in Salta, Argentina and was a great example of obedience (or so I've heard from his old companions).
19. He loves Chuck Norris jokes and anything else that makes him laugh.
20. He calls me and Easton the craziest names you could ever imagine! (I'd write them here but he would be embarrassed!)
21. He always opens my door.
22. He told his mom he was going to marry me before we'd even spent 10 minutes together. (The reason he told her that was because he needed canned food to bid on me in the ward date auction.)
23. He sleeps like a rock. Every morning he asks me if Easton woke up during the night because he has no idea.
24. He is a great dancer
25. He wants to live in a small town and own a horse ranch someday.

Happy birthday Jonathan! I know every wife thinks her husband is the best one ever and I am definitely one of them! He is more sweet, loving, and kind than I ever would have expected and I am grateful every day that he picked me! Easton couldn't ask for a more playful dad! Just the other day I was thinking about what an amazing thing it is that out of all of the people who have ever lived, he is the one that I get to spend all eternity with and I am soooo excited about that! Sorry to take this opportunity to brag, but he never does it for himself and I just wanted to let him know how special he was. I love you sweetie!

1 comment:

Chelsey and Brandt said...

So I love these facts about Jonathan, the funny thing is is that I already know most of them. I know how he was raised and I knew he would always open the door for a lady,and treat them like gold. And yes he will eat anything. And he will do anything for anyone, I remember sleeping out on the tramp with him and the sisters and me always wanting to slepp in the middle so I wouldnt get ate by a bear so he would always sleep on the edge. Oh and ask him if he remembers the night he woke us all up and said somehting was wrong with his lip, Oh my goodness it was so funny it was like the size of the lip on the nutty professor, big lip on a little guy. He was so scared but i was laughing so hard cause it looked so funny. Anyway Lindsey you are very lucky to have a peck boy cause you will be his princess forever and he will always treat you like GOLD!!! Happy birthday Johnny Boy, Love your favorite cousin CHelsey