Friday, March 2, 2012

One Month

Unfortunately I have no pictures for this post, but I just wanted to write about Miles at this age because I know in a week or two he will have changed again.

He's already over 6 1/2 lbs! His little legs that were sticks when we brought him home now have a little meat on them. His face is filling out, his wrinkly skin is smoothing, he actually seems to fit in his car seat, and he only fits in a couple of his preemie outfits.

We've been inside. A lot. Normally, I can't stay home. When I was on bedrest I'd be constantly telling Jonathan to take the kids to the park cuz they needed to get out of the house and we finally decided that I'm the one who has the issue with staying home, I always have to be on a walk or at the park or the grocery store or something. Well, all that has changed. I have been such a homebody since Miles came home. There may be several days in a row where I don't even get out of my pajamas. And I love it. The house is usually a mess, the boys are in their pjs all day too, dinner is super simple, but I am having the time of my life snuggling little balls of sweetness and playing with the big ones when the baby's asleep. It's amazing how a new little one fills your heart so full you think it will explode but it also makes you love everyone else in your family so much more. I seriously doubt that I've ever been as happy as I am right now.

Speaking of being home, that will probably become a more normal thing for a while. I took all three to Smith's one day this week and then to storytime at the mall and the playground another day. Let's just say.... I need a little adjusting to this handling 3 little kids business. My idea of how things would go and how they actually went were totally different. Did you know if you put the carseat on top of the car cart you can't see over it? So you have to constantly be looking around it. And the car carts are already ginormous anyway so it's hard to steer even when you can see where you're going. And your other two kids might not even want to stay in the car cart and instead "help" you put stuff in the cart. And while they're doing that you may be checking your list and not be able to see them putting stuff in the cart anyway. And this may all be after a doctor's appointment you had to wait for a while at with all three kids so you may or may not be wiped out already. That day, you might become a mom who lets their kids get the giant sugar cookies at the bakery that are the size of their heads and piled with 4 inches of frosting and then also let them get Cookie Crisp in the cereal aisle because they ask for it so cute and you're too tired from getting 3 hours of sleep to bother saying anything. Not that they would have objected if you would have told them they couldn't have it, really they were being well-behaved, you were just too tired to care about how it would spoil their dinner. Remember how I said I've never been happier than I am right now? Well I was telling the truth, but I may just not plan grocery shopping trips after doctor's appointments with all three littles anymore. It may have worked before, but things are much more tiring when you're already tired.

Speaking of sleeping, Miles is actually a great little sleeper (THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!).  After Caden..... I was pretty nervous. But Miles not only looks more like his brother Easton, he also sleeps more like him. That's why I'm blogging at 10:30pm instead of zonked out in bed. During the day he eats every 3 hours, sometimes even a little closer together. But he seems to get that night time is for sleeping and he'll usually do a good 5 hours stretch the first stretch of the night. We used to wake him up to feed him, but the kid is gaining weight like a champ so I figure if he's fine getting an extra couple of hours of sleep, so are we! He doesn't have a problem with sleeping at night, but during the day can be more challenging. He still gets overtired VERY easily and will have a hard time going to sleep and/or staying asleep sometimes. I'm still trying to figure out how to prevent this, but so far no luck. He has an alert time for a few hours every morning and every evening and by the end of the day he's usually done. I feel like I'm still figuring that part out with him, but at least he's got days and nights down!

No comments: