Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Peck Family Pics

A few weeks ago we decided to take some family pictures. By ourselves. With a tripod. It was actually a lot of fun. And between Easton wanting to play on the playground, Caden wanting to eat the entire time, and me flipping through the manual between each shot to try and adjust the settings, we ended up getting a few cute ones. Nothing professional of course, but we like 'em.
Easton was actually really cute. He would be running around while one of us held Caden and the other adjusted the camera and tripod. Then when everything was ready, one of us would hit the timer, grab him, run and sit down and he would get really excited every time and keep saying "cheese" long after the picture was taken.





I hate all the pictures where we're standing because you can see the 10 lbs. I'm still carrying in my thighs from Caden. Well, maybe not exactly from Caden, but if you were staying at the Ronald McDonald house and PANERA BREAD delivered bags and bags of pastries, muffins, brownies, and cookies every week, could you resist? Yeah, didn't think so.

So Easton developed a habit of grabbing people's ears just before we came home from Virginia. It's pretty funny and he will come up and just grab your ear for no reason all the time. What a silly little kid!






















Caden is actually still on oxygen, but we took it off for each picture. This pic is what he actually looks like. Poor little cuss, doesn't he look miserable? He got monitored all night last night without the oxygen though so we'll find out if he passed and gets to be off of it tomorrow!

12 comments:

Nicole said...

they're cute! way to go! Lins, you look AWESOME. I'm SOOO glad Caden is doing better.

Tannie Datwyler said...

Those pictures turned out really nice! You look very beautiful... but I know what you mean about the weight. Everyone always tells me to stop complaining and that I look just great and I'm very thin. But I get depressed when I can't lose the last 5 lbs! Linus was born a year ago and I can't get rid of those 5 lbs (and I run at least 4-5 times per week and try to eat pretty healthy). I never had this problem with claire. *SIGH* The sacrifices we make for our babies. :)

That outfit that Caden has on makes me a little sad. Linus had the same one (and it was one of my favorites). :( He's so big now!! They grow too fast. I remember the oxygen at home too.... but mine was only for a week. I can sympathize in a really SMALL way with that one.

Easton looks like you - except he is BLONDE!! What a sweet boy.

Janaca said...

Wow you did a great job! They look so adorable. Your boys are so handsome! Hopefully your little guy can get off the oxygen soon. That would be so rough.

Jacque said...

I think your pictures turned out awesome Linsi!
I notice some of my favorite pictures are the ones I take myself. It's always fun to try new things and it looks like it was a success!
I'm thinking I want to get together with Tashina and the gals for another girl's night. It's been so long since we went to lunch! I believe it was back in April, maybe? Anyway, let's plan something soon!
Your family is so cute...
And what 10 lbs???
I don't see anything...

Anonymous said...

oh cute pictures! i love easton's blonde hair! and caden is so adorable! you look so great... i don't see 10 extra pounds! my talk went great... thanks again!

Matt and Cori said...

What a cute family :) And Linsi, you look great! Hope we get to see you guys again soon.

Dan and Marci said...

Cute pictures--wish I could have helped you out--I live 45 seconds from that park!! (LITERALLY)
Your family looks so good :)

Andrew said...

WAY CUTE!! Your 2 boys are soo cute! Im glad to see your little one is one better!!

Heather said...

what a beautiful little family.

Evans Family said...

Darling!

Anonymous said...

Hey again... I was wondering if I could get your address so I could send you a Christmas Card? noellibelli@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

You are so sweet... thanks for the compliments! I use photoshop to edit my pictures. I honestly don't know many photographers that don't anymore... it is sad, but true. It makes them look so much better. But, the trick is it get great lighting and composition and then you can enhance the pic in photoshop to make it even better. It takes a lot of learning and patience to learn a new camera. I hope you don't give up cuz it is awesome once you have it figured out! Read your manaul even though I'd rather shoot myself in the foot, it helps so much. Also, I love to check a blog called www.thepioneerwoman.com. She has great tutorials in her photography section. Hope that helps a little! TOo bad we don't live closer I could help you!